Monday 7 June 2010

Wow, OKAY, A.L.O.T has changed since I last decided to update this blog, no, I am not in the silent zone in the LCC library again, I am indeed infact sitting on my bed in my halls of residence; Cedars, formally run by the London Institute (obviously now renamed University of the Arts London) but the signs have not changed. It is certainly quite an eye-opener living here, its the cheapest and therefore by far the best, just probably due to the people who live here. I live in the second hub of south west London: Tooting, which is itself quite a exhibition of goings on; Foxes, Stabbings, Drugs, Ice Cream Vans, Supermarkets and Good transport connections, to be brutally honest, not much more can be said for it. I'm not massively keen on cooking at all and could be happy saying my personal cookbook had absolutely nothing in it before, but now that I've moved in, I've had to hit the ground running, and I've been forced to learn some essential cooking know-how.
Life is going well, not too much more left of the academic year to go now, the majority of my friends have all finished now and are looking into living arrangements for the summer and also the next year of UAL yet to come. I am not going to lie, during summer I will certainly miss all those messy sports+society wednesday nights spent with those same lovable people. This being due to the fact I am going to have to move back to the superficial suburbs of Bracknell once again, rather heartbreakingly, just in order to keep my head above financial water.
Just in the last 8 and a half months I have had some of the best times of my life, and met the best people (specifically girls too) that I could really ever wish to. London is definately my current home and I can't see that changing at all very soon either, everything here is so much more convenient, available and accessible. Transport is the pinnacle, second to that; the culture, and then all the happenings that could make a view of London light up like a switchboard.
As an update, I have now been re-elected as the LCC SU vice president for a second time and have been working at our new base at High Holborn for some time now.
From what didn't seem very important during the time I was commuting to and from Waterloo, getting around town is now an important part of everyday life and this means I've decided to put in the foot-hours in order to walk round the central areas in order to get my bearings, I've walked to all the more famous places I've always wanted to- Carnaby St, Buckingham Palace, Saville Row, The Southbank, City Hall. I've nearly crossed every bridge there is to cross in town, visited so many places of interest; disused tube stations, graffiti hotspots, J.D.Weatherspoon gems, cavernous stations, music venues and I've got an almost encyclopedic knowledge of many bars and clubs thanks to all those in the years above me.
So anyway, I'll leave you with this until my next post which should go into further detail of my exploits soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
leaks passion every now and then, messy but concious of personal appearance, wants to break free of routine, wants to learn to fly, dedicated to what matters most and least, Many strong opinions but open and respectful of those belonging to others. Would trade it all in for some. In love with everything retrospective, values family, willing to go out of way to help if asked nicely. when well oiled with music, runs smoothly, full service history included above.